Friday 11 August 2017

Naming The Queens

Regular readers will know that I name my queen bees.  Normally, they are given their names on the day that I mark them, which is usually a couple of weeks after they have started laying.

Unfortunately, the season was super-busy until the middle of July, and then it rained (and barely stopped) - so I haven't had a chance to mark the queens yet.  Nevertheless, I can't put off naming them any longer - marking will just have to wait for another week or two.

So, onto the business in hand.  All three of my queens hatched this year, so they all need names.  There is a distinctly academic feel to this year's names, as I present to you a triumvirate of renaissance ladies:

Hive #1:  Laura

Hive #2:  Maria

The Nuc:  Elena


But who are they?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment